Collection and Use
We collect and use personal data from or about you to help us support our non-profit mission and serve our membership. We collect such data in various ways, including data you provide to us, data we collect by automated means, and data we collect from other sources.
We also occasionally share personal data with select, unaffiliated non-profit organizations for use in their own social missions.
We share personal data with vendors and social media networks we hire to provide services or perform business functions on our behalf, but these vendors are contractually required to treat the personal data TIMELESS provides as confidential, and to use the personal data only to provide the services TIMELESS has requested they perform on our behalf.
Finally, we may share personal data pursuant to legal requirements, as necessary to protect ourselves, our members or others, or in connection with a direct or indirect reorganization process, such as a sale, merger, consolidation or bankruptcy.
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures designed to protect personal data against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use.
We strive to provide you reasonable choices regarding our collection, use, and sharing of your personal data. We provide you access to review and correct your personal data, provide you options regarding how we share personal data with third-parties including TIMELESS Licensed Service Providers and unaffiliated non-profit organizations, and provide you control over how we communicate with you, among other choices.
You may contact us at any time regarding these choices as follows:
- Email Timeless at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at TIMELESS Membership Center, 9005 Overlook Blvd Brentwood, TN 37027
The collection and use of personal data (along with other kinds of data) is critical to the successful operation of most modern organizations – including TIMELESS. We collect and use personal data from or about you to support our non-profit mission and serve our membership, including to:
- Deliver the information, programs, products and/or services you request
- Evaluate and respond to your inquiries and submissions
- Provide you with customer support and membership benefits
- Communicate with you through various channels, including postal mail, email, telephone, apps, online chats, in person, and social media
- Process your payments and account adjustments
- Create and manage your membership and account registrations
- Customize your experiences and identify you online, including by displaying offers and advertising tailored to your interests and/or background
- Evaluate and improve our products, services, memberships, benefits, digital services, and other operations (e.g., developing and analyzing new or revised products and services; performing market research and data analytics; creating and applying data models; and assessing the effectiveness of our websites, apps, communications, advertising, and marketing programs)
- Evaluate your employment applications and contact you regarding potential employment
- Protect against and prevent fraud and unauthorized transactions, investigate complaints and claims, and provide other security protections
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal obligations, our policies, and our terms and conditions
- Perform other business functions consistent with our non-profit mission and serve our membership
How we Share Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data to a third-party for a business purpose or sell your personal data (subject to your right to opt-out of those sales if you are a California consumer; see below in Your California Privacy Rights. When we disclose personal data for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal data confidential and not use it for any purpose except performance of the contract.
Except as described below, we do not share your personal data with unaffiliated entities (entities that are not owned or controlled by TIMELESS) without your consent. We may, however, share anonymous, de-identified, or aggregate data, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you – even where it has been derived from personal data. Similarly, we may share personal data lists that we purchase or rent from unaffiliated sources after we apply our data models as previously described. You may limit certain sharing of your personal data as described below in Your Personal Data Choices. We share your personal data with the following categories of third-parties for the following purposes:
- Approved Vendors. We may share personal data with unaffiliated companies or individuals we hire to provide services or perform business functions on our behalf (such as print, mail, or email vendors; web hosting vendors; cloud service providers; consultants; digital advertising and analytics vendors; and contest or sweepstakes operators) because these vendors need access to the personal data to perform the functions we’ve requested of them. These vendors are contractually required to treat the personal data we provide as confidential, and to use the personal data only to provide the services we have requested they perform on our behalf.
- Payment Processors. We may share your personal data with banks or other entities that process payment transactions or provide other financial services, and for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction purposes.
TIMELESS may also share your personal data with other third parties as follows:
- Pursuant to Legal Requirements. We may disclose your personal data (1) if we believe we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process, such as in response to a court order, subpoena, or similar investigative demand; (2) as we deem appropriate or necessary in response to requests for cooperation from a law enforcement agency, taxation authority, or other government agency; and (3) to defend against legal claims, exercise our legal rights, or as otherwise required by law.
- To Protect Ourselves, Our Members, or Others. We may disclose your personal data when we believe disclosure is necessary (1) to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud, or other wrongdoing; (2) to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our organization, our members, our volunteers, our employees, our websites and apps users, or others; and (3) to enforce our terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
How we Protect your Information
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures designed to protect personal data against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. Despite our safeguards, however, no website, app, or information system can ever be completely secure so we cannot guarantee that the use of our systems, websites, or apps will be completely safe or secure. For additional information on privacy, identity theft, and online security, please visit the U.S. Federal Trade Commission’s website.
If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using our websites and/or apps, or otherwise providing personal data to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of our websites and apps. We may post a notice via our websites if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.